Forensicon is currently seeking a computer forensics examiner who can perform a wide range of tasks. All of the following responsibilities require someone who has a strong knowledge of computer technology and excellent communication skills.
- Perform remote onsite collections after business hours and on weekends when required
- Computer troubleshooting
- Computer networking
- Work closely with legal and computer forensic staff to facilitate the development and investigation of cases for litigation
- Manage special forensics projects, including retrieval and recording of data, safekeeping of information, and providing client with information on implementation of pertinent procedures
- Ensure integrity of evidence and network data, i.e. safeguard data by enforcing adequate best practices for chain of custody, backups, archival, remote storage, etc.
- Maintain company’s computer network – update and patch software, manage computer security and other network-related functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline
- Coursework in computer forensics and/or computer security
- Programming skill set (C++, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Database skill set (SQL, Access, etc.)
- Ability to work independently at a project from start to finish, i.e. being detail-oriented and thorough, meeting deadlines, carrying out verbal or written communications with clients and co-workers regarding all aspects of the project and traveling when necessary
- Knowledge of a variety of operating systems/platforms and telecommunication technologies helpful
Interested candidates please e-mail resume and cover letter to jobs [at] forensicon.com complete with salary history and requirement. Recent graduates urged to apply. Resumes without salary history will not be considered.