CHICAGO, IL – MAY 9, 2007:
In a recent letter from the U.S. Secret Service and Department of Homeland Security, Forensicon was praised for its ‘great expertise’ and support and ongoing active involvement with the Chicago Electronic and Financial Crimes Task Force. Lee Neubecker, President of Forensicon, Inc., recently presented at the group’s quarterly meeting and seminar on April 12.
Read the letter: Forensicon_May_2007_Homeland_Security_Letter
- Hackers for a “Cause”? - In what seems like the most recent form of cyber-attacks by online terrorists, the most recent string of attacks has been hackers stealing credit card information using a charity website. MyCause, the Australian online donation site, reported early this month that it had recently been hit hard as online hackers had potentially jeopardized the credit[...Read More]
- CIA Admits Spying on Senate Panel - Late summer an internal CIA inspector general admitted that certain officers spied on members of the Senate Intelligence Committee, deleted information from their computers, and knowingly referred false information to the U.S. Department of Justice for the prosecution of Senate staffers. The spying came after reports of Senate committee Democrats working on a report about[...Read More]
- Mac OSX GPS Photo Forensics Tutorial - Forensicon Tutorial and Walkthrough Extracting GPS metadata from Mac OSX Terminal Command Line using MDLS command Forensicon’s President, Lee Neubecker provides an overview of how anyone can use the Macintosh OSX terminal native command line to extract embedded metadata contained within photos or videos. The “mdls” command extracts the following fields from photos where such[...Read More]
- Yaniv Schiff Promoted to Director of Digital Forensics - CHICAGO, Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Forensicon, Inc., a Chicago-based digital forensics and eDiscovery firm, is pleased to announce the promotion of Yaniv Schiff from Senior Computer Forensics Examiner to Director of Digital Forensics. In Schiff’s new role as Director, he will lead company efforts to build out the team of digital forensics examiners and provide[...Read More]
- Chicago Election Judges Received Misinformation Calls - How could this have happened? The media has been reporting instances of Republican election judges receiving telephone calls misinforming them that their service was not needed on election day or that further training in remote far away places was required in order to participate as an election judge in Cook County Illinois. The Chicago Cook[...Read More]