Forensicon is currently seeking a computer programming intern who is eager to apply their experience and education in programming within a real world environment. Forensicon, Inc., a Chicago-based computer forensics firm is seeking an intern who has experience developing in C++ and .NET. In this role, you will be assisting us with further development of our in-house developed tools that facilitate the passing of information between our various data sources. Data sources currently include delimited text, SQL Server, MySQL, and SharePoint.
The goal of this internship is to help reduce the need to manually post information by staff from one data source to another and to establish systematic triggers and dynamic links between our various sources of data including Excel spreadsheets, file directory listings, and live SQL based databases. Custom development of EnScripts to assist with automation of our various internal forensic processes is desired. http://www.forensickb.com/2007/09/enscript-tutorial-part-i.html
A longer term internship with post-graduation employment may be possible for the right candidate who also has an interest in computer forensics.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Code documentation version management
- Completion of Sophomore year in an Information Technology and Computer Programming discipline
- High School Diploma/GED
- Criminal & Background Check
- Legal ability to work as an intern
- English: Fluent
Scheduled work hours within Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM. The actual number of hours worked each week will be negotiated and will range from a minimum of 15 hours to a maximum of 40 hours each week. This is a paid hourly fall internship.
- Junior, Senior or Graduate Student in Information Technology or Computer Programming
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science
- User interface design experience
- Database skill set (SQL, Access, etc.)
- Ability to work independently at a project from start to finish, i.e. being detail-oriented and thorough, meeting deadlines, carrying out verbal or written communications with clients and co-workers regarding all aspects of the project and traveling when necessary
- Knowledge of a variety of operating systems/platforms and telecommunication technologies helpful
Interested candidates please e-mail (jobs [at] forensicon.com) resume and cover letter including when you expect to graduate and why you think you would be the best candidate for Forensicon.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!