During an employment litigation case, computer forensics can be the key element in the case. Emails, file transfers, and HTML caches are some of the “smoking guns” found during computer forensic investigations that have helped dismiss or settle cases. Some investigations reveal deliberate efforts to hide or destroy information and can lead to claims of spoliation. Willful destruction of electronic evidence often leads to a summary judgment against the offending party along with sanctions including court costs, expert fees and legal fees. Spoliation is a serious matter to the court and is dealt with seriously.
Forensicon can help ensure electronic data is preserved correctly, and can assist you in developing your discovery process, examining the other party’s forensic evidence, assisting with depositions, and providing expert testimony on your behalf. If your client is found to have the other party’s property, we can help minimize and mitigate risk exposure.
Forensicon staff are experienced in database forensics and software applications used to store and manage employee payroll and time entry. If you suspect that a staff member is violating company policies or if you are involved in an employment litigation case, call Forensicon today at 888-427-5667 for a complimentary telephone consultation or contact us.
Employment Litigation Practice Areas
- Sloan Valve Co. v. Zurn Industries, Inc.
- Loest & McNamme v. Camera / Broadbent Selections
- Trade Secrets & Non-Solicitation
- Kyko Global Inc. v. Prithvi Information Solutions Ltd.
- Portis v. City of Chicago
- Bryant, et al v. Chicago Public Schools, et al.
- Employment & Sanction Defense
- Frank Gatto v. United Air Lines Inc. Motion for Sanctions Regarding Facebook Spoliation
- Electronic Medical Records: Metadata as Evidence in Litigation
- 7th Circuit Proposes New Standing Orders for ESI
- Document Retention Policies
- What is Metadata?
About Forensicon, Inc.
Specializing in trade secrets, employment litigation, and internal investigations, Forensicon is a computer forensics firm that provides expertise to the top law firms in the U.S. as well as corporations large and small. Forensicon offers nationwide computer forensics services for plaintiff, defense, as well as special master neutral third party representation. The firm has represented numerous Fortune 500 companies and other large privately held corporations wanting to defend against or prosecute claims of intellectual property theft.