Forensicon, a leading national provider of computer forensics consulting and e-Discovery solutions has assisted organizations of all sizes dealing with how best to respond to challenges raised by pending litigation, security breaches, loss mitigation, insurance subrogation, litigation holds and many other situations that require the assistance of experienced professionals that can help forecast potential outcomes and assist organizations with developing risk mitigation and management strategies.
Forensicon draws upon a team of experienced professionals including fraud examiners, certified computer forensics experts, certified e-Discovery specialists and licensed private investigators. Forensicon staff have been appointed and served as discovery liaisons in the federal courts. Organizations facing litigation hold notices originating from governmental agencies such as the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), law enforcement, or potential parties to litigation have a need to ensure an effective response strategy is in place. Organizations, executives and law firms that ignore obligations relating to litigation hold requirements can face several penalties both civil and criminal.
Forensicon can assist parties facing the need to implement a litigation hold identify and data map their sources of ESI (electronic stored information). Forensicon has assisted clients with developing datamaps of an organization’s online and offline sources of ESI to enable a smart and effective response to subpoenas, litigation hold notices and other data preservation or document production requests.
Forensicon has proven its ability to help clients and law firms facing potential sanctions regarding allegations of spoliation or lack of effectively implementing litigation hold notices.
In Pinstripe, Inc. v. Manpower, Inc., Forensicon was brought in by counsel to assist Manpower Inc. with recovering data that was accidentally lost. Forensicon was able to help the client demonstrate an effective effort by the parties facing potential sanctions in seeking to remedy the loss of data. The final result was that no intentional destruction of evidence was believed by the court to have taken place. Manpower faced a small fine to help conduct a seminar on effectively implementing litigation holds.
Whether your organization is attempting to plan initial responses to complicated litigation, preparing to engage law enforcement with the hand off of potential criminal activity, Forensicon computer forensics consultants have years of experience assisting corporations, not for profit organizations and governmental entities deal with litigation, security breach and sensitive matters that require a complex understanding of legal issues, electronic data systems and applications, plus the ability to formulate strategy across these areas to minimize organizational risk and maximize the outcome prospects for key stakeholders. CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, CISOs, elected officials, law enforcement staff, not for profit executives, business executives, entrepreneurs and commercial litigators everywhere across the U.S. have relied on Forensicon’s vast talent and experience providing consulting relating to computer forensics and electronic discovery.
To speak with a member of our consulting services team, call Forensicon today at 888-427-5667 for a complimentary telephone consultation or contact us.
- Staff Recognized for Departing Employee Investigations - The first issue of Corporate Counsel Business Journal, CCBJ, includes an interview with our Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv Schiff, and Solutions Architect, Curtis Collette, on the evolution of departing employee investigations. Departing Employee: When Do Investigations Become Necessary? appeared in the print publication, online edition, and on CCBJ’s In-House Tech website. For Increasing Numbers of Employers, Departing Employee Investigations[...Read More]
- Chicago Office Food Drive – The Results Are In - QDiscovery’s Chicago Office collected nearly 1,000 containers of food for the local food bank this Holiday Season! Our office competed with sister offices in Indiana and Connecticut. Alas, we came in third. Our sister offices each collected nearly 2,000 containers for their local food banks. Relatively new to the company-wide food drive, the Forensics Division[...Read More]
- QDiscovery QMobile App Wins Innovation Award - QDiscovery’s QMobile is winner of a 2017 Relativity Innovation Award. Presented at Relativity Fest, the Innovation Award celebrates organizations that create apps or integrations that extend the functionality of Relativity’s eDiscovery software. Our development team created an application that makes the analysis of mobile collections much more manageable. Relativity users can now produce and review mobile[...Read More]
- Moving and Changing - Acquired by Connecticut-based QDiscovery in 2016, Forensicon’s capabilities multiplied overnight, both in forensics brain power and eDiscovery expertise. As part of a leading provider of end to end litigation support, moving to larger offices that are more central to the Chicago legal community was inevitable.
- QDiscovery Named One of the Top 20 Providers of Legal Services! - Leading industry publication, CIO Magazine, has named Forensicon’s parent company, QDiscovery, to it’s Top 20 Providers of Legal Services. The annual listing includes 20 companies that are at the forefront of providing legal solutions and impacting the marketplace. Read the whole article here. Featured in the publication alongside QDiscovery President, Dave Barrett, is Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv[...Read More]