Forensicon has built its reputation through internal investigations by discreetly investigating current employees suspected of wrong-doing. Our experienced examiners make a forensic copy of the employee’s computer or laptop, as well as networked servers where additional files may have been backed up. Our examiners try to recreate the behavior of the suspect in an attempt to conclusively prove motive and means, as well as detailing any attempts to conceal their actions.
Internal Investigations Practice Areas
Our reports have helped exonerate the innocent, and our expert testimony at trial has helped prosecute wrongful actions and win or defend civil actions.
A design firm copied a large quantity of work product onto an external hard drive for their client’s review. After the fact, the client indicated that there was a large quantity of inappropriate images present upon the hard drive and voiced concern that, additionally, some of those images appeared to involve minors. Prior to taking action against the employee who was responsible for the file transfer, Forensicon was retained to investigate the matter. During the examination of the drive and its contents, it became apparent that the files in question were created prior to the purchase date of the hard drive, and were not created by the suspect employee. It was the product of a hard drive that was “recycled” by the device manufacturer.
- Sloan Valve Co. v. Zurn Industries, Inc.
- Loest & McNamme v. Camera / Broadbent Selections
- Kyko Global Inc. v. Prithvi Information Solutions Ltd.
- Pinstripe, Inc. v. Manpower, Inc.
- University Sports Publications Co. v. Playmakers Media Co.
- US Gypsum v. LaFarge North Am. Inc.
- Court of Appeals of Wisconsin Published Opinion S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. v. Morris, et al.
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. v. Milton E. Morris, et al.
- 7th Circuit Proposes New Standing Orders for ESI
- Data Security – What To Do When An Employee Leaves
- Document Retention Policies
- Deliverables to Request from your Computer Forensic Examiner
- An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure (and Court Sanctions)
- Know What to Ask – Ensuring a Successful E-Discovery Request
- The Liability of Email as Evidence
- Monitoring Employees
- Time is of the Essence
- Track Former Employee’s Computer Activities
- What Can Computer Forensics Do For You?
- What is Metadata?
- Worker Beware – Employee Monitoring
- Data Removal & Certification
- Forensic Vault Service
- Computer Usage Analysis
- Computer Forensic Analysis
- Connected Storage Device Analysis
- Analysis of Electronically Stored Information
- DVR Recovery Forensics
- Enterprise Storage Failure & Data Recovery
- ESI Chain of Custody
- Cyber Security Data Breach Response
- Cell Phone Forensics
- Internet Investigations
- Computer Forensics Expert Witness Testimony
- Computer Forensics Services
About Forensicon, Inc.
Specializing in trade secrets, employment litigation, and internal investigations, Forensicon is a computer forensics firm that provides expertise to the top law firms in the U.S. as well as corporations large and small. Forensicon offers nationwide computer forensics services for plaintiff, defense, as well as special master neutral third party representation. The firm has represented numerous Fortune 500 companies and other large privately held corporations wanting to defend against or prosecute claims of intellectual property theft.