When an organization or business suspects or discovers that a data security breach of their network security has occurred, fast action and decision making is very important. Making the wrong decisions could lead to the loss of customers, staff, clients and reputation in the marketplace. When a cyber security breach emergency happens, it is important to know that you have a team working with your internal IT staff in order to quickly assess and remediate any vulnerabilities, while ensuring that all data related to the impacted systems has been adequately captured and preserved for later review and analysis.
Internal IT staff experience high levels of stress and work loads during such periods and often need to be augmented by outside resources that have the expertise and skill set necessary to lock down the information technology resources and preserve all available data necessary to maximize the chances of obtaining insurance coverage for the data breach. Compromised services need to be restored and brought back online quickly and securely so that the business or organization can continue to provide important services to customers and constituents.
Hacker and Data Security breaches often require a team of specialists including network engineers, computer forensics examiners, firewall consultants, outside PR marketing professionals, and lawyers. The legal team often includes corporate defense and privacy litigators, plus attorneys experienced in the nuances of reviewing insurance policies and maximizing the chances of having such an intrusion covered by the insurance carrier. A failure to execute each of the important response elements timely and with expertise could create additional legal and compliance issues for the impacted entity, leading to further financial fallout and economic damages. Attorneys knowledgeable in compliance and reporting obligations plus other statues of the law often need to be engaged on short notice to help the breached entity understand its reporting obligations in order to protect the firm from potential future litigation.
Forensicon has worked as part of such a team and has a number of business partners we have worked with in the past in order to provide our clients with an experienced team response to the many challenges the compromised organization faces. Our team can work quickly to secure the organizational resources, restore services and mitigate damages. Our online investigative skills and proprietary tools have allowed us to track and identify the origins of the attack and help our clients remedy the damages resulting from such a breach. Forensicon, along with its team of seasoned professionals has experience assisting companies and organizations in such situations. If there is a need to engage law enforcement, Forensicon has past experience engaging the police, SEC and FBI in providing the necessary information for hand off to authorities, while helping to minimize the fallout to the impacted entity.
When such data breaches are discovered or suspected, waiting even an extra day could result in the permanent loss of data beyond recovery. Hackers often will encrypt and delete all files and other logs that are key to proving out how the breach occurred and the source for the data security breach.
If you are facing such a situation, please don’t hesitate to call us even another hour. It may be the call that saves your job and the reputation of your organization. Don’t wait, please call us now at 888-427-5667.
- Staff Recognized for Departing Employee Investigations - The first issue of Corporate Counsel Business Journal, CCBJ, includes an interview with our Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv Schiff, and Solutions Architect, Curtis Collette, on the evolution of departing employee investigations. Departing Employee: When Do Investigations Become Necessary? appeared in the print publication, online edition, and on CCBJ’s In-House Tech website. For Increasing Numbers of Employers, Departing Employee Investigations[...Read More]
- Chicago Office Food Drive – The Results Are In - QDiscovery’s Chicago Office collected nearly 1,000 containers of food for the local food bank this Holiday Season! Our office competed with sister offices in Indiana and Connecticut. Alas, we came in third. Our sister offices each collected nearly 2,000 containers for their local food banks. Relatively new to the company-wide food drive, the Forensics Division[...Read More]
- QDiscovery Forensics Team Develops Award Winning App! - QDiscovery is winner of a 2017 Relativity Innovation Award. Presented at Relativity Fest, the award celebrates organizations that create apps or integrations that extend the functionality of Relativity’s eDiscovery software. Our development team created an application that makes the analysis of mobile collections much more manageable. Relativity users can now produce and review mobile device data[...Read More]
- Moving and Changing - Acquired by Connecticut-based QDiscovery in 2016, Forensicon’s capabilities multiplied overnight, both in forensics brain power and eDiscovery expertise. As part of a leading provider of end to end litigation support, moving to larger offices that are more central to the Chicago legal community was inevitable.
- QDiscovery Named One of the Top 20 Providers of Legal Services! - Leading industry publication, CIO Magazine, has named Forensicon’s parent company, QDiscovery, to it’s Top 20 Providers of Legal Services. The annual listing includes 20 companies that are at the forefront of providing legal solutions and impacting the marketplace. Read the whole article here. Featured in the publication alongside QDiscovery President, Dave Barrett, is Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv[...Read More]