Forensicon, Inc. is currently seeking a Digital Forensics Examiner who can perform a wide range of tasks. All of the following responsibilities require someone who has a strong knowledge of computer technology and excellent communication skills.
- Perform forensic examination of computers, cell phones and other digital devices
- Maintenance and upkeep of all forensic lab equipment
- Research and testing of software, techniques and procedures relating to computer and cell phone technology
- Prepare reports, presents and testifies to forensic evidence in official proceedings including courtroom testimony
- Perform remote onsite collections after business hours and on weekends when required
- Work closely with legal and computer forensic staff to facilitate the development and investigation of cases for litigation
- Manage special forensics projects, including retrieval and recording of data, safekeeping of information, and providing client with information on implementation of pertinent procedures
- Ensure integrity of evidence and network data, (i.e. safeguard data by enforcing adequate best practices for chain of custody, backups, archival, remote storage, etc.)
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Coursework in computer forensics and/or computer security
- Considerable knowledge of security, forensics analysis, IT strategy and operations, design and troubleshooting, and business applications.
- Programming skill set (C++, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Database skill set (SQL, Access, etc.)
- Ability to work independently at a project from start to finish including being detail-oriented and thorough, meeting deadlines, carrying out verbal or written communications with clients and co-workers regarding all aspects of the project and traveling when necessary
- Knowledge of a variety of operating systems/platforms and telecommunication technologies
- Computer forensics certification (e.g. CCE, EnCE, CCME)
- Legal or law enforcement background
Interested candidates please e-mail resume and cover letter to jobs [at] forensicon.com complete with salary history and requirement. Recent graduates urged to apply. Resumes without salary history will not be considered.