Forensicon, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Digital Forensics Examiner who can manage forensic projects from their inception through completion. All of the following responsibilities require someone who has a strong knowledge of computer technology and excellent communication skills.
- Manage special forensics projects, including retrieval and recording of data, safekeeping of information, and providing client with information on implementation of pertinent procedures
- Perform digital forensics analysis and consulting services to clients
- Prepare written reports and provide deposition and in-court testimony
- Perform remote onsite collections after business hours and on weekends when required
- Project manage investigations from inception until completion
- Work closely with legal and computer forensic staff to facilitate the development and investigation of cases for litigation
- Ensure integrity of evidence and network data, i.e. safeguard data by enforcing adequate best practices for chain of custody, backups, archival, remote storage, etc..
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or analytical discipline
- Achievement of Current Forensic Certification such as Encase Certified Examiner (ENCE), Certified Computer Examiner (CCE), Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE), or GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a position focused on digital forensics investigations
- Court Room Testimony Experience
- Programming skill set helpful (C++, PHP, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience using industry standard eDiscovery and forensic tools (Encase, FTK, Cellebrite, IEF), and e-discovery tools (EDA, LAW, Nuix, etc…)
- Database skills in querying and manipulating metadata (SQL, MySQL, Access, etc.)
- Ability to work independently at a project from start to finish, i.e. being detail-oriented and thorough, meeting deadlines, carrying out verbal or written communications with clients and co-workers regarding all aspects of the project and traveling when necessary
- Knowledge of a variety of operating systems/platforms and telecommunication technologies helpful
Interested candidates please e-mail resume and cover letter to jobs [at] forensicon.com complete with salary history and requirement. Please include in the subject line: Career Application – Sr. Computer Forensics Examiner – Resumes without salary history will not be considered.