Yaniv Schiff, Director of Digital Forensics at Forensicon, Inc., appeared as a guest lecturer at Valparaiso Law School in Valparaiso, Indiana. Mr. Schiff offered insight and first-hand knowledge to the students of Ms. Emily Janoski-Haehlen in her Technology in Law class.
Mr. Schiff lectured on the e-discovery process and computer forensics including data recovery, ESI and potential sources of relevant electronic information. He presented information and “war” stories from his over 9 years of work as a digital forensics expert. The students seemed to be interested in the topics covered, especially when it came to cell phone and mobile device forensics and examining social media. Schiff tried not to scare the students too much with his stories about how much information is readily available about a person once an examiner starts digging through Facebook, Instagram, and their personal computers.
Forensicon believes that educating future (and current) attorneys is crucial in this day and age when it comes to e-discovery and digital forensics. The federal judges agree, specifically the Honorable Judge Peck of the S.D.N.Y who recently reminded participants at LegalTech New York 2015 that it is their job to educate themselves, their clients, and sometimes their judges, on the technology issues they face during discovery.
If you, your law firm or your clients, friends or family, would like Forensicon to provide a presentation to your organization on the subject of e-discovery or digital forensics please contact us. Forensicon has also partnered with law firms and individual attorneys to come up with joint presentations and instructional seminars. (CLE credits are available.)
As always, feel free to contact Forensicon to discuss upcoming or active litigation matters involving e-discovery or digital forensics at 888-427-5667 or contact us.
- Staff Recognized for Departing Employee Investigations - The first issue of Corporate Counsel Business Journal, CCBJ, includes an interview with our Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv Schiff, and Solutions Architect, Curtis Collette, on the evolution of departing employee investigations. Departing Employee: When Do Investigations Become Necessary? appeared in the print publication, online edition, and on CCBJ’s In-House Tech website. For Increasing Numbers of Employers, Departing Employee Investigations[...Read More]
- Chicago Office Food Drive – The Results Are In - QDiscovery’s Chicago Office collected nearly 1,000 containers of food for the local food bank this Holiday Season! Our office competed with sister offices in Indiana and Connecticut. Alas, we came in third. Our sister offices each collected nearly 2,000 containers for their local food banks. Relatively new to the company-wide food drive, the Forensics Division[...Read More]
- QDiscovery QMobile App Wins Innovation Award - QDiscovery’s QMobile is winner of a 2017 Relativity Innovation Award. Presented at Relativity Fest, the Innovation Award celebrates organizations that create apps or integrations that extend the functionality of Relativity’s eDiscovery software. Our development team created an application that makes the analysis of mobile collections much more manageable. Relativity users can now produce and review mobile[...Read More]
- Moving and Changing - Acquired by Connecticut-based QDiscovery in 2016, Forensicon’s capabilities multiplied overnight, both in forensics brain power and eDiscovery expertise. As part of a leading provider of end to end litigation support, moving to larger offices that are more central to the Chicago legal community was inevitable.
- QDiscovery Named One of the Top 20 Providers of Legal Services! - Leading industry publication, CIO Magazine, has named Forensicon’s parent company, QDiscovery, to it’s Top 20 Providers of Legal Services. The annual listing includes 20 companies that are at the forefront of providing legal solutions and impacting the marketplace. Read the whole article here. Featured in the publication alongside QDiscovery President, Dave Barrett, is Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv[...Read More]