CHICAGO, Nov. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Forensicon, Inc., a Chicago-based digital forensics and eDiscovery firm, is pleased to announce the promotion of Yaniv Schiff from Senior Computer Forensics Examiner to Director of Digital Forensics. In Schiff’s new role as Director, he will lead company efforts to build out the team of digital forensics examiners and provide leadership within the company’s digital forensics practice area.
Schiff joined Forensicon in 2006 and has testified in numerous cases since, including high profile cases such as the Mumbai Hotel bombing trial pertaining to the charges alleged against Tahawwur Rana: /forensicon-news/yaniv-schiff-testifies-regarding-mumbai-terror-trial-of-rana/
Schiff maintains industry certifications including Certified Computer Examiner (CCE). He is also a member of the International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners and High Technology Crime Investigation Association. Schiff has also served as an adjunct faculty member at Loyola University teaching computer forensics to graduate and undergraduate level students.
Lee Neubecker, President of Forensicon, Inc., stated, “Yaniv has proven to be a formidable force inside and out of the courtroom. Yaniv has strong moral character and the self-confidence to stand his ground on what can and can’t be said in the courtroom in forming an expert opinion. In his new role, Yaniv will help our company expand and build out a larger group of testifying experts to keep up with ongoing growth in our client base.”
About Forensicon, Inc.:
Forensicon, Inc. is a digital forensics and eDiscovery firm based in Chicago, Illinois that specializes in digital forensics analysis and consulting within the areas of internal investigations, trade secrets misappropriation, employment litigation and data breaches.
- Staff Recognized for Departing Employee Investigations - The first issue of Corporate Counsel Business Journal, CCBJ, includes an interview with our Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv Schiff, and Solutions Architect, Curtis Collette, on the evolution of departing employee investigations. Departing Employee: When Do Investigations Become Necessary? appeared in the print publication, online edition, and on CCBJ’s In-House Tech website. For Increasing Numbers of Employers, Departing Employee Investigations[...Read More]
- Chicago Office Food Drive – The Results Are In - QDiscovery’s Chicago Office collected nearly 1,000 containers of food for the local food bank this Holiday Season! Our office competed with sister offices in Indiana and Connecticut. Alas, we came in third. Our sister offices each collected nearly 2,000 containers for their local food banks. Relatively new to the company-wide food drive, the Forensics Division[...Read More]
- QDiscovery Forensics Team Develops Award Winning App! - QDiscovery is winner of a 2017 Relativity Innovation Award. Presented at Relativity Fest, the award celebrates organizations that create apps or integrations that extend the functionality of Relativity’s eDiscovery software. Our development team created an application that makes the analysis of mobile collections much more manageable. Relativity users can now produce and review mobile device data[...Read More]
- Moving and Changing - Acquired by Connecticut-based QDiscovery in 2016, Forensicon’s capabilities multiplied overnight, both in forensics brain power and eDiscovery expertise. As part of a leading provider of end to end litigation support, moving to larger offices that are more central to the Chicago legal community was inevitable.
- QDiscovery Named One of the Top 20 Providers of Legal Services! - Leading industry publication, CIO Magazine, has named Forensicon’s parent company, QDiscovery, to it’s Top 20 Providers of Legal Services. The annual listing includes 20 companies that are at the forefront of providing legal solutions and impacting the marketplace. Read the whole article here. Featured in the publication alongside QDiscovery President, Dave Barrett, is Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv[...Read More]