Since the tragic bombing at the Boston Marathon earlier this week, there have been several fatalities and many severe casualties with more than a hundred people physically injured from the attack. The FBI has taken over the investigation into this heinous crime and is trying to uncover the identity of those involved with executing the attack.
Lee Neubecker, a digital forensics expert and former Boston resident, wanted to share this video in the hopes that others would tell their friends and family who have footage of the marathon, to forward their video and photos to the FBI to assist with speeding up the investigation.
An example how law enforcement can perform video forensics to uncover clues has been provided in this clip using videos posted publicly. These videos were recorded by amateurs who happened to capture important footage of the explosion. Neubecker hopes that those viewing this video will better understand the importance of individuals stepping forward to assist law enforcement with their investigation by providing unique footage that may provide further clues.
Neubecker appeals to anyone who attended the Boston Marathon earlier this week or that had friends and family there to please email any photos or videos captured to the FBI at email@example.com
- Cruz Photo of Rubio and Obama is a Sham - Sham photo doctored up featuring Rubio and Obama Shaking Hands – Photo Forensics Reveals Forgery Forensicon performed forensic analysis on the photo used on the http://www.therealrubiorecord.com/images/dems.jpg website. Forensicon performed both EXIF metadata analysis and ELA photo analysis, both which reveals the photo is a forgery. Therealrubiorecord.com features doctored up photo. Marco Rubio allegedly shaking hands[...Read More]
- FBI Uses Digital Forensics to Investigate Attacks - Recent Killings of Navy Sailor and Four Marines Demands Digital Forensics The recent killings of four Marines and a Navy sailor in Tennessee has FBI investigators following the gunman’s electronic trail in a search for the motive behind the shootings. Federal agents flew the computer, cellphone and other electronic devices belonging to Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez[...Read More]
- Ashley Madison Website Hack Exposes Cheaters - Adulterers and cheaters may have yet another reason to be nervous. An adultery website, Ashley Madison, confirmed it was the victim of a “criminal intrusion,” into its computer systems. This breach could potentially expose the extremely private details of as many as 37 million members. Avid Life Media, the company who owns Ashley Madison—as well[...Read More]
- Detroit Zoo Latest Victim of Cyber Attack - Detroit Zoo Gift Shop Payment Processing Terminals Hacked The Detroit Zoo disclosed this week that their gift shop checkout terminals fell prey to hackers. The impacted parties are believed to be limited to those individuals who made purchases from the gift shop using their credit cards. SSA Data Security Breach Service Systems Associates, a third-party[...Read More]
- US Government Hacked – 4 Million Federal Employees PII at Risk - Recent news reports indicated that the U.S. Government suffered a major data breach that potentially impacted the employees of every federal agency. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM), which handles security clearances and employee background checks, suffered a data breach potentially affecting more than 4 million individuals. The cyber footprints of the attack resemble that of[...Read More]