Since the tragic bombing at the Boston Marathon earlier this week, there have been several fatalities and many severe casualties with more than a hundred people physically injured from the attack. The FBI has taken over the investigation into this heinous crime and is trying to uncover the identity of those involved with executing the attack.
Lee Neubecker, a digital forensics expert and former Boston resident, wanted to share this video in the hopes that others would tell their friends and family who have footage of the marathon, to forward their video and photos to the FBI to assist with speeding up the investigation.
An example how law enforcement can perform video forensics to uncover clues has been provided in this clip using videos posted publicly. These videos were recorded by amateurs who happened to capture important footage of the explosion. Neubecker hopes that those viewing this video will better understand the importance of individuals stepping forward to assist law enforcement with their investigation by providing unique footage that may provide further clues.
Neubecker appeals to anyone who attended the Boston Marathon earlier this week or that had friends and family there to please email any photos or videos captured to the FBI at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team QDiscovery Hits the Road for Camp Tavor Kids - The flag is down! The 7th Annual Tour L’ Tavor bike ride to raise funds and awareness for Camp Tavor has started! Our own Director of Digital Forensics Yaniv Schiff, and Project Manager Megan Twibell are, we like to imagine, leading the pack of 50 bikers! They will pedal, pound, and pull for three days[...Read More]
- Hacking Happens from Within – Protect Your Trade Secrets - The recent US elections made us all aware of a range of cyber security issues, from the vulnerability of our email systems to hacking as a form of attack by foreign governments. Hacking, the motives behind it, the consequences of it and the prevalence of it could not have been made more clear. But what[...Read More]
- Information Governance Spotlighted by ICLEF - This post on information governance from Helen Geib, QDiscovery General Counsel, was originally published on LinkedIn here. Please visit the original piece to leave any comment. The Indiana Continuing Legal Education Foundation’s Advanced Corporate Counsel program is an annual state-wide event held this year on August 25-26 at Lake Monroe. The round-table format encourages discussions[...Read More]
- Neubecker Attends High Tech Crime Conference - Forensicon’s Lee Neubecker is attending the High Tech Crime Investigation Association Conference and Training Expo this week. The HTCIA has been at the cutting edge of cyber security issues for 30 years. The 4 day conference includes classes and labs on emerging cyber security challenges. It features keynote addresses by law enforcement officials and pioneers in high tech[...Read More]
- Cruz Photo of Rubio and Obama is a Sham - Sham photo doctored up featuring Rubio and Obama Shaking Hands – Photo Forensics Reveals Forgery Forensicon performed forensic analysis on the photo used on the http://www.therealrubiorecord.com/images/dems.jpg website. Forensicon performed both EXIF metadata analysis and ELA photo analysis, both which reveals the photo is a forgery. Therealrubiorecord.com features doctored up photo. Marco Rubio allegedly shaking hands[...Read More]