Since the tragic bombing at the Boston Marathon earlier this week, there have been several fatalities and many severe casualties with more than a hundred people physically injured from the attack. The FBI has taken over the investigation into this heinous crime and is trying to uncover the identity of those involved with executing the attack.
Lee Neubecker, a digital forensics expert and former Boston resident, wanted to share this video in the hopes that others would tell their friends and family who have footage of the marathon, to forward their video and photos to the FBI to assist with speeding up the investigation.
An example how law enforcement can perform video forensics to uncover clues has been provided in this clip using videos posted publicly. These videos were recorded by amateurs who happened to capture important footage of the explosion. Neubecker hopes that those viewing this video will better understand the importance of individuals stepping forward to assist law enforcement with their investigation by providing unique footage that may provide further clues.
Neubecker appeals to anyone who attended the Boston Marathon earlier this week or that had friends and family there to please email any photos or videos captured to the FBI at firstname.lastname@example.org
- US Government Hacked – 4 Million Federal Employees PII at Risk - Recent news reports indicated that the U.S. Government suffered a major data breach that potentially impacted the employees of every federal agency. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM), which handles security clearances and employee background checks, suffered a data breach potentially affecting more than 4 million individuals. The cyber footprints of the attack resemble that of[...Read More]
- What should my organization do to prepare for a data breach? - Forensicon Blog Interview: Attorney Jena M. Valdetero Forensicon interviews privacy and data breach response attorney, Jena Valdetero, a partner with Bryan Cave LLP, on the topic of Data Breach Preparedness. Valdetero provides further details on what organizations should do in order to be prepared for the eventual future data breach of their organization. About Jena[...Read More]
- Forensicon Staff Presents “Understanding Digital Forensics and Protecting Law Firm Data” - On Friday, May 15th, 2015, Forensicon’s Director of Digital Forensics, Yaniv Schiff, and Operations Manager, Eric Miller will be featured speakers at the Chicago Bar Association’s Professional Responsibility Committee. The presenters will share their insights into digital forensics and how to protect law firm data, both client data and firm information. Each day, news outlets[...Read More]
- Bradley University Employee Data Breached - Bradley University recently announced that it suffered a data breach affecting approximately 4,700 current and former employees and their families. The University stated that malware had been detected on two University computers that contained personally identifiable information including Social Security numbers. Reports show that fraudulent tax return filings have been discovered for a number of employees. The[...Read More]
- Yaniv Schiff Presents to Valparaiso School of Law - Yaniv Schiff, Director of Digital Forensics at Forensicon, Inc., appeared as a guest lecturer at Valparaiso Law School in Valparaiso, Indiana. Mr. Schiff offered insight and first-hand knowledge to the students of Ms. Emily Janoski-Haehlen in her Technology in Law class. Mr. Schiff lectured on the e-discovery process and computer forensics including data recovery, ESI[...Read More]